SUMMERFEST ANNUAL CAR SHOW
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 2018
8 am to 2 pm
First 100 registrations will receive a Dash Plaque
Registration from 8 am – 12 Noon
All registered cars will receive a
Registration Fee $20.00
Sponsored By Burns Ford of York
The Town of Hickory Grove enjoys an intimate character of a small community. Hickory Grove has a strong historic core and a traditional lifestyle with religious roots. The first settlement in what is now the Town of Hickory Grove originated sometime in the late 1600’s and early 1700’s. It was granted a township charter in 1888. (Read more)
In October 2006 the town of McConnells celebrates the one hundredth anniversary of its incorporation. Although the town itself is officially 100 years old, the community known as McConnells (originally McConnellsville) is actually much older. Like many other small towns in the Carolina Piedmont, McConnells (Read more)
Sharon is a close-knit community that lies in the heart of historic Western York County. Established in 1889 when the Chicago, Cincinnati, and Charleston Railroad built a trunk line across York County, Sharon received its name from the Sharon Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, which was organized there around 1796. (Read more)
Named for the Smyrna Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, this tow was chartered in 1895 after the building of the Charleston, Cincinnati, and Chicago Railroad. Early in the nineteenth century, gold was discovered in the flinty soil around Smyrna and other areas of York County. More than 30 mines were (Read more)
Under a canopy of green, Native Americans roamed the countryside of our area 500 years ago. These Cherokees and Catawbas hunted, fished, and traded with each other until the 1700s.
By the 1760s, hardy Scotch-Irish colonists were making their way down the 700 mile Great Wagon Road from Pennsylvania, bringing with them our community’s name in recognition of England’s 15th Century War Of The Roses between the White Rose City (York) and the Red Rose City (Lancaster). In 1780, our ancestors defended their independence atop nearby Kings Mountain during the American Revolution. Five years later, we were designated the York County Seat and the first county courthouse was built in 1786.
By 1915, a new courthouse (the current one) had been constructed in the community’s downtown. (Read more)